Senior Expert- Web Engineering
123Greetings is looking for a Senior Expert-Web Engineering who will be the Chief Architect who designs the server architecture which optimizes both from the user experience perspective as well as takes care of the business objectives.
Continuously hunt for new solutions which keep the site on the cutting edge of technology.
Optimally use all technical resources viz. server space, memory and processing power to ensure best network performance and other related operations ancillary to the functioning of the site. He would be responsible for maintaining the integrity and security of servers and systems used for the development of and the running of 123Greetings and other associated domains/Affiliates/Products and Services.
- Responsible to Design, plan, and implement sophisticated information and infrastructure systems to support business strategies. Upcoming projects include clustering, virtualization, high availability, centralized storage, data warehousing, application/data integration, and application server and database hardening.
- Responsible for deployment, maintenance, monitoring & troubleshooting of all Linux and; Windows Severs and Web Assets.
- Act as primary contact for systems requirements
- Conduct system analysis and development, with limited support and direction, to keep our systems current with changing technologies.
- Perform database administration functions on MySQL database management systems, including general maintenance, performance tuning, availability, backup & recovery, and data warehousing administration
- Manages multiple linked databases to include security, data safety and integrity, disaster recovery, and development and implementation of bulk data import/export procedures.
- Assess security of existing and proposed systems. Recommend and implement proactive plans to resolve vulnerabilities.
- Designs and programs specific applications in response to department needs; installs and debugs new and/or upgraded software on server and client platforms, ensuring compliance with current site licenses; designs, programs, and manages websites and associated pages.
- Responsible for secure and threat free site.
- Responsible for Data/File securities/Back-Up Management.
- Automate processes and maintenance using Bash or Perl or other scripting languages.
- Establish and recommend process, policies, and standards on system use and services.
- Audit and report Amazon Cloud Service performance on daily-weekly-monthly, frequently from SLA governance, Cost optimization, Health Check, Sizing, Data Transfer and Reporting perspectives.
- Familiar with SLA drivers service delivery excellence complying to ITIL standards.
- Maintaining the world class network performance of the 123greetings.com website and associated domains.
- Upgrading and ensuring an error free performance of the online servers.
- 6-8+ years of heavy Linux server administration experience
- 2-3 years database administration experience (MySQL)
- Experienced in open source technologies: Linux, Apache, and others.
- Experience in administering network infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, switches, VPN’s)
- Experience assessing and resolving security vulnerabilities
- Cloud Computing
- Live Server Handling
- Linux, MySQL
- Full AWS Stack (EC2, Route 53,S3, EBS)
- Open Source tools
- Business Knowledge
- Expert Apache Knowledge
- Knowledge on Clusters, Proxying, Load Balancing and SSL
- Expert knowledge of cloud computing (preferably FULL AWS STACK) or similar
- Experience dealing with scalability and managing servers
- Technically proficient in command-line Linux administration, performance optimization, auditing, virtualization, shell scripting, and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of Nagios, SVN, Bugzilla, Project Management Tools
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Expert knowledge of CDN System and functionality.
- Expert knowledge of Mail Delivery systems Port 25 SMTP
Click on this link to apply for this job. Please do not forget to mention Preferred Job as Senior Expert-Web Engineering in the form.