Earth Day Celebration: Over 85,000 Trees Saved By Millions Opting To Send Ecards
New York, NY, April 22, 2013: Environmental protection is the key message behind Earth Day. It is also one of the events in the calendar which resonates completely with the ethos at 123Greetings.com.
123Greetings.com is the leading electronic-only cards and invitations website catering to around 95 million visitors annually. Over the last few years, 123Greetings.com was used by over 224 million visitors to send ecards, and estimates show that had these cards been sent as paper cards, they would have cost planet earth over 85,000 trees.
The efforts and contributions by the internet community as a whole to replace paper products with electronic alternatives is admirable and can help reduce the adverse impact of climate change and carbon footprint on the environment.
Arvind Kajaria, Founder of 123Greetings.com says, “Earth Day represents our ethos and our raison d'être. We consider it a matter of pride that we are making our tiny contribution towards the environment and helping people Go Green without taking the value of emotional connect away from exchanging greetings.”
In case saving trees is not enough, 123Greetings.com lists out 'Top 5 reasons for sending ecards' on Earth Day 2013:
- Congratulate and appreciate someone on any initiative they have taken to reduce their carbon footprint or adverse impact on the environment.
- Send a reminder to someone who might be taking the environment casually to take stock of their actions and implement alleviating steps.
- Get someone to take a step back and admire the sheer beauty of nature and enjoy the gifts Mother Nature has bestowed us with.
- Motivate family members and get them to take pride in the fact that they are taking extra efforts to contribute towards environmental protection – be it by saving water, paper, and electricity or reducing fuel usage.
- Send it to yourself, and don’t think twice about it. There is nothing wrong in rewarding and recognizing yourself for your effort and contributions.
123Greetings.com presents over 55 Earth Day ecards presenting users with a wide variety of expressions befitting Earth Day celebrations.
123Greetings.com is the world's leading online destination for human expressions reaching 95 million visitors annually. Drawing from its tag line "Free Greetings for the Planet" the service exemplifies the notion that the best things are free in our planet and so should wishes, greetings and personal expressions be. Its offering of over 37,500 greeting cards covers a mix of 3,000 seasonal & everyday categories.
For details, visit http://info.123greetings.com